Sunday, 9 August 2015

9 August 15 ... thank you #teambreandanm

For anyone that loves numbers; last night August 8th 2015, was the numerological alignment of 8-8-8. The number 8 is the symbol for infinity and numerologically vibrates the energy of continuity, abundance and harmonic balance. Number 8 also resonates with the influences and vibrations of inner-strength, personal power, prosperity, and giving and receiving.

What a profoundly perfect date #teambrendanm chose to hold the perfect coming home party for Brendan, after completing his last round of chemotherapy.

When talking about abundance; often monetary abundance is one of the first things that come to mind; and last night, as we have been several times throughout Brendan’s struggle with cancer, our little family were generously blessed by our community in this way. For which we are incredibly grateful. This was however, matched and surpassed by an overwhelming abundance of positive energy, colour, human spirit, community spirit, joy and pure, unconditional love; that was literally thrown around the room sticking like confetti to everyone there, overwhelming us completely when we walked into the room.

Earlier in the day Brendan and I passed the morning at Lifehouse waiting for his last few hours of chemotherapy to finish; 310 kms away a team of our family and friends… the teambrendanm committee, were turning an auditorium into a magical rainbow room that would later hold a room full of our favourite people.

After a full week of 24 hour daily chemotherapy infusions, a late get-away and a flat car battery, the chance we would be able to pop into the teambrendanm event to say hello after our drive home, was not looking doable. An accident on the freeway that slowed the traffic down to a standstill confirmed in my mind that we would be going home to bed.

Roughly seven hours after his chemo infusion had finished we walked through our front door, exhausted but happy to be home. I wondered if Bren was still up for heading up to the club but didn’t push it, I was tired …I couldn’t imagine how he felt.

I got the lap top out and started to set it up, he asked me what I was doing. As I waited for facebook to load I said, “I’m going to get on #teambrendanm’s page to see if they have put up some photos of the room.”
The following was our conversation:
“come on, we’ll just go up!”
“now!”
“Yep!”
“OK”
So we hopped straight back in the car, me with hair that hadn’t been washed in a week, pretty much no make up and the same clothes I’d been wearing since 7:30 that morning. Him with the clothes he’d had on all day, his #teambrendanm cap and a huge smile.

We got to the club just as the speeches had started, serendipitous timing. When we walked into the rainbow room all I remember was a sea of smiling faces, most we knew and some we didn’t. The feeling of joy radiating toward us in that moment was one of the most incredibly beautiful and moving experiences I have ever felt. It literally took my breath away.

Bren then spoke so eloquently and heartfelt, that I doubt that there was a dry eye in the house and I was so proud of him. He ended his speech with a request that I think from my perfect vantage point was the highlight of my night.
He asked that everyone turn to the person next to them and give them a hug. There was an audible sigh of joy from the crowd as a room full of people hugged in unison. It was incredibly beautiful to see and pretty much captured the essence of our journey with #teambrendanm.

I have not kissed and hugged so many people in one night ever before; and our brief drop in to say hi, turned into a heels up, four hour rare night out for the Maloney’s! Yes I think I did catch my husband on the dance floor ever so briefly! Doing a one legged cha cha...ya gotta luv that.

When all is said and done it is not the things we do, but the people that we do them with that matter the most.

To every single person in that room last night and to those who wanted to be there and couldn’t be… #teambrendanm: from the most important, all the way down to the most important (I can’t not steal a great line like that from my husband!) we solute you and are very grateful that you are all in our lives

Thank You.

Life is good and hope is limitless.
Cal xx

 You can find more information on Sarcoma Cancer by following this link: sarcoma

No comments:

Post a Comment