Monday, 6 July 2015

6 July 15 ... 24/7 with this man

Sometimes I miss the carefree ease of our pre cancer lives. I am sure my husband does more so. How simple our life was… imagine perfection and not recognising it. 

I have come to understand though that perfection is not only an illusion it is also really, really over rated. Our days now aren’t as easy and certainly not perfect, obviously. But the celebration of even the smallest triumph can lift you to a place you never experienced when life was easy.

The gift of time that my husband has enjoyed with the kids since becoming more or less house bound with his illness, is something he would love to see every Mum and Dad experience. Not under the same circumstances though. Just him being at home with the kids before and after school, over such an extended period of time has been beneficial to the three of them, and to me watching them enjoy each other, when the treatment isn’t interfering.

Then there is Us; we have always enjoyed each others company, we are a tight couple. Even so, you would think that a year of 24/7 might put a strain on anyone’s relationship no matter the circumstances. I’m not saying in that time there haven’t been moments, there have. But they are few and over very quickly. I have loved spending truckloads of time with my husband; he really is very amusing a lot of the time.

Life may not be as easy as it once was, but it is full. It is full of hope; and is overflowing with kindness, it is full of exceptional and incredibly good people, and we are surrounded with more love than we knew was possible. Yes, our life is full.

Most of all we know we have a phenomenal family and the time we have put into raising our beautiful children has proven to be time well spent.

Would I like easy again? Absolutely, but when it happens this time; I know that not only will I recognise it....I will enjoy it without guilt or explanation and I will be very grateful for it.


I hate cancer, but I love my life.


Because life is good and hope is limitless.
Cal xx

You can find more information on Sarcoma Cancer by following this link: sarcoma

No comments:

Post a Comment