Friday, 17 July 2015

17 July 15 ... that loving feeling


He made me smile like this all week  :)
I sat comfortably on the black reclined seat, although it felt cool at first I knew I was going to enjoy this. I hadn't had a massage for a long time and I could feel that both my neck and shoulders felt tight, it's where I carry most of my tension.

The city street looked wet and cold below as people moved swiftly from place to place, dodging puddles and each other. I was happy to be facing the large picture window as I waited for the masseuse to work his magic. I was feeling relaxed already.

His hands were warm, and the relief I felt as he placed firm pressure with a gentle touch in all the right places, was beginning to melt away all of my cares. Yes this was definitely a good idea and I was very grateful to my husband for suggesting it.

I began to slowly drift off into that place of bliss that comes with deep relaxation, and then a woman’s voice bought me back into the room with a start, a little like listening to your favourite record with your eyes closed when someone scratches the needle across the grooves to stop the music.

I looked up at her with a smile as she looked at me with a slightly raised eyebrow, "I know" I said, "he comes in for chemo and I get a massage" I turned around, gave my husband a kiss to say thank you and hopped down off his chair so the nurse could tend to him.

Yep he's a keeper, and that's why I think every now and again I catch one of the girls swoon just a little when they are around him. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

This week has gone fairly well, or as well as a 5 and 3/4 day infusion can go. Being together made the harder days easier and the other days doable. Some of them were even a little bit fun. We are looking forward to heading home tomorrow all the same, all going well.

Life's good and hope is limitless.

Cal xx

PS: I didn't get a pic of us together this week ... so I have added one of my faves from a couple of years ago ...he'll know why I chose this one :)

You can find more information on Sarcoma Cancer by following this link: sarcoma

No comments:

Post a Comment