Thursday, 25 June 2015

25 June 15 ... headspace and sniffles

This month has been one of the hardest for me in a while. I don’t know if it is because it marks the end of the first year of treatment; or if I’m just feeling a little fragile and beaten up by the year that was. As strong as my daily spiritual practice is; some days it’s not strong enough. And I know that’s OK. I still love a good rainbow, especially when they appear after you have braved the storm… a beautiful pat on the back from above.

 We have plenty of really big stuff to focus on at the moment; and mostly I can keep an even keel, using all the techniques I have learnt in practice to keep my headspace clear and my heart centred. Yet it might be the smallest, most insignificant things that happen, which make you feel that things are unravelling and now you’re playing catch-up gain. Experience reminds me that this too shall pass.

This week, so far, has gone pretty well (only 2 days to go) as far as Brendan’s treatment is concerned. He seems well in himself; except for the boredom that’s driving him around the twist. He did bring his guitar this time, sadly too much movement of his arm with the cannula in it sends all the pump alarms off! But it was worth a try.

 I am looking forward to getting him home on the weekend and sharing some quiet time with the kids. Brendan will be immune deficient so I doubt that we will be out and about much for a while, as we will be busy avoiding sniffles, coughs and the like as much as we can. A temp above 38 means a trip to emergency for the big fella and we want to avoid that.  I think some rest and recovery is on the cards for both of us.

Happy School Holidays everyone…:) xx

You can find more information on Sarcoma Cancer by following this link: sarcoma

No comments:

Post a Comment